Saturday, June 18, 2011

Who's To Blame

My sister-in-law.  Blame her.  Stacey is a mother of two little girls and has been cloth diapering for several years now.  When she first shared that she used cloth diapers, I was appalled.  The thought of throwing pee-soaked and skid-marked diapers into the same washer and dryer I use to clean my hand towels and intimates made me squirm.  But Stacey persevered. She gifted me 12 Fuzzibun cloth diapers, a diaper bag, and Rockin' Green diaper detergent at my baby shower.  I've got to hand it to Stacey - it takes serious cajones to walk into a roomful of women and openly preach about the benefits of cloth diapering.  A few of my friends snickered as Stacey explained how you clean poop out of dirty diapers, and I caught others rolling their eyes as we discussed how environmentally friendly CD-ing (cloth diapering) is.  Out of a roomful of 25 women, only one other besides myself was intrigued by the prospect of padding our baby's in snuggly diaper fluff.  But I left my shower excited to have one day's worth of cloth diapers to try out when the little guy arrived.

Thanks, Stacey! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! You are so very welcome and I am happy you have found a love for CDs as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete